Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Emoticon #2

"Preferential or unconditional love? If I love her because she has excellent qualities, then my love is conditional on the preferential considerations I have bestowed upon my beloved. If those preferential considerations are removed for any reason, then my love for her will either cease altogether, or worse, turn into hate. I MUST THEREFORE LOVE OUT OF DUTY. THEN MY LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL! That is, I only love my beloved genuinely and unconditionally if, when all my preferential feelings are stripped away, I find that I still love her. I must be ‘‘able to continue finding her lovable, no matter how she has become changed.’’ Tell me, my friends, nagmahal na ba kayo ng ganito? This is as difficult as loving the Revolution. Even if it fails, we still must continue loving the Revolution for no reason at all just for Duty!" --Sir Gerry Lanuza, status niya sa facebook (10Feb11)


No comments:

Post a Comment